Thursday, June 2, 2011

go ask alice.

Today could have been terrible. I mean really terrible. I started out with two failed call backs. Not a good start. But I headed down to play volleyball with some of the other reps. It was interesting to me, that we could all play at a level of low intensity with so many competitive men.

I was exhausted and spent the majority of 2:30-3:40 on J&L's couch trying to catch some needed sleep. I wasn't sure when I had fallen asleep and only woke to the sound of a text saying: be down at my car in ten.

I was dropped off on the south side of a street called Mamie. I had been working that area for some time, It wasn't giving me the feedback I had been looking for. I didn't understand why, when I would talk to one neighbor about crime, their next door neighbor would insist their wasn't any. The truth was that this neighborhood had a watch, and all of those who attend the meetings had security systems. It was no coincidence. Most that I spoke with understood that their was really no way to protect the house all the time by simply depending on your neighbors to stick their necks over your gate and yell at an intruder to get off your property, what if they had a gun?

the number one excuse people give me is: "I have my own security system: I have a gun and/or a dog!"
HA! As if pets cant be tamed by bear pepper spray and guns can be used when they typically aren't home (loaded) to use them.

dont think i've tried the bear pepper spray, but oven cleaner seems to be a fan favorite amongst criminals here. People don't seem to understand that vicious dogs are just as vulnerable as an angry man with a gun. If you're willing to use your gun on a human, a pet wont give you a second thought. its such an interesting idea that people can assume that their things are safe because: "nothing has happened yet."
Yet is the key word here.

I turned around and walked and walked until I came on a street called Patton (just like the General). I started on the right side of the street and met with a girl named S------. When we had spoken for a little while she let me know that there had actually been a recent break in just across the street. When we were finished talking I walked over to where she had directed the break in.

Chances are she already had a system, usually when someone is broken into they get a system immediately. She seemed to have a system and before long we were just sitting on her porch step just shooting the breeze. She seemed like a pretty chill person this Alice. We talked about a lot of things even pertaining to spirituality, she told me she was a clairvoyant. Except she didn't use the word clairvoyant. She said all this in a modest way that made me actually believe her. Usually when someone tells me that they can feel energies or read auras, I need a lot of proof.

As a religious person and after having lived in Brazil, even i could say that I can read auras or feel spirits, from the situations i've been in. Energies is a funny one, because its mostly just a matter of reading someones body language or expression. Auras is different but i've met a few of those too, and only two men that I would really trust to say that could tell my character by my aura.

Alice however told me a specific situation and more than one, where she was able to pick up details of the person and where they mostly hung around. It was surprising to hear, id never heard one relatively normal person tell me that without expecting her to tell me something cookee about myself.  The energy around us changed too, as it usually does when you talk about the unknown and especially about the restless.

In the end she wanted the system and I was able to get her approved for one. I went over points again though, which I have a tendency to do, especially when I like the person i'm dealing with.

The Barron (a manager here) was stopped by a woman, who waved him down and was worried because  ADT had been there the week before with Utah plates. Apparently he was pretty sketchy. When I was walking down the street I saw the cop car she called, coming up the street toward the road that the Barron had just driven away from. He called me moments later and told me to avoid that street. That made me laugh, he was mostly upset because she talked to him for half an hour, which took away from his knocking time.

So this one goes out to the woman on Ridgeview. Hopefully you'll be able to stop the real criminals the way you did the Barron, by waving them down and chewing them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment